Umbilical Cord Complications
Since 1999, the attorneys at The Lancione Law Firm in Cleveland, have worked tirelessly to improve the safety and quality of medical care for patients throughout the State of Ohio. The Lancione Law Firm is considered one of the leading medical malpractice and birth injury firms in the nation.
John Lancione comes from a legacy of three generations of birth injury attorneys. John is nationally recognized and has substantial experience and a proven record of success in obtaining substantial verdicts and settlements for families who have suffered the tragedy of birth injuries caused by preventable medical error and negligent medical treatment, such as the failure to properly diagnose and treat umbilical cord complications.
What Are Some Types Of Umbilical Cord Complications?
A prolapsed umbilical cord — an umbilical cord wrapped around the neck or trapped between the cervix and the head of the fetus — can cause fetal distress and can ultimately interrupt the flow of oxygenated blood to the baby, fetal hypoxia, brain damage, and cerebral palsy. Likewise, other umbilical cord complications can cause serious, lifelong birth injuries or death if left undetected and untreated.
Medical mistakes that can lead to birth injuries from umbilical cord complications include:
- Failure to monitor cord blood velocities or conduct high-resolution ultrasound to detect umbilical cord complications
- Failure to perform cesarean section in cases of vasa previa or other umbilical cord complications that may cause serious injury in vaginal birth
- Failure to detect cord knots and nuchal cord (umbilical cord wrapped around part of the body)
- Failure to perform color Doppler sonogram studies to detect umbilical cord prolapse in breech presentations, cases of premature rupture of membranes and other fetal malpresentations
If your child suffered permanent birth injuries as a result of a negligent diagnosis and treatment of umbilical cord complications, your interests may best be served by consulting an experienced medical malpractice and birth injury lawyer. John Lancione will clarify if you have legal options in seeking recovery for the harm baby and you have suffered.
Contact An John Lancione Regarding Umbilical Cord Complications
We invite you to call our Rocky River or Cleveland offices at 440-331-6100 or contact us online at any time. The Lancione Law Firm is proud to serve clients in Columbus, Toledo, Rocky River, Springfield, Canton, Dayton, Hamilton, Parma, Cincinnati, Akron and Youngstown and other communities throughout Ohio.
- Birth Injuries
- Birthing Complications
- Birth Trauma
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Causes Of Birth Injury
- Cephalopelvic Disproportion
- Dangerous Drugs Related To Birth Injury
- Fetal Distress During Labor
- Midwife Error
- Nonobstetric Surgery During Pregnancy
- Obstetrical Nurse Negligence
- Oxygen Deficiency
- Placental Abruption
- Premature Rupture Of Membranes
- Prenatal Care Errors
- Preterm Delivery
- Uterine Ruptures
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cesarean Section Errors
- Future Of A Child With A Birth Injury
- Maternal Injuries During Birth
- Negligent High-Risk Birth Management
- Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) Errors
- Wrongful Death
© 2017 The Lancione Law Firm